December 2017 – IXYS Launch New IXRFDSM607X2 Surface Mount RF Dual Driver IC
Published on: 21/12/2017
IXYS release new surface mount RF dual driver IC
IXYS RF (a division of IXYS Colorado) has recently launched IXRFDSM607X2, a dual CMOS high-speed, high-current gate driver specifically designed to drive MOSFETs in Class D and E HF RF applications as well as other applications requiring ultrafast rise and fall times or short minimum pulse widths.
The IXRFDSM607X2 can source and sink 7A of peak current per driver, 15A when combined, while producing voltage rise and fall times less than 5ns and minimum pulse widths of 8ns.
The inputs of the driver are compatible with TTL or CMOS and are fully immune to latch up over the entire operating range. Designed with small internal delays, cross conduction or current shoot-through is virtually eliminated. The features and wide safety margin in operating voltage and power make IXYS’ IXRFDSM607X2 unrivalled in performance and value.
New IXRFDSM607X2 Surface Mount RF Dual Driver IC
- Dual 7.5A or 15A combined peak sink/source current
- Wide operating voltage range
- Low output impedance
- High capacitive load drive capability
- Less than 10ns rise and fall times
- Low minimum pulse width
- High power density
- Optimised for RF and high speed switching
- Gull wing lead-frame incorporates thermal strain relief
- No lead forming required
- Automated assembly capable
- Isolated substrate, no insulating pads required
- RoHS compliant
- Surface mount power device has tin plated gull wing lead-frame
- No special lead forming required
- MSL 1 unlimited exposure time
- Missing pin for orientation
- Utilises same die line-up as the IXYS DE packaging
- RF power generation
- Pulse-to-pulse high speed switching for diode applications
- Thin film deposition
- Induction heating
- Power conversion
- Class D and E RF generators
- Multi-MHz switch mode power supplies
- Pulsed and resonant transformer drivers
- Pulsed laser diode drivers
- High speed transducer drivers
GD Rectifiers distributes IXYS RF Power Modules which combine state-of-the-art CMOS gate driver ICs and power RF MOSFETs in single devices to enable more compact and efficient designs along with a reduced parts count. The modules are packaged in IXYS RF’s low-inductance RF package incorporating layout techniques to minimise stray lead inductances for optimum switching performance in a surface-mountable device.
Discover IXYS RF’s complete product range here.
For further information please contact GD Rectifiers on: 01444 243 452 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.