December 2016 – IXYS Releases PCX-6425 ISOA High Power Laser Diode Driver
Published on: 13/12/2016
This month IXYS Corporation have released the PCX-6425 high power laser diode driver/current source by it’s IXYS Colorado division.
New PCX-6425 High Power Laser Diode Driver
The PCX-6425 is an air cooled, bench top high power current source designed to drive laser diodes, bars and arrays at up to 150 amperes of current and 120 volts maximum forward voltage. Pulse widths are adjustable from 100 microseconds to 5 milliseconds with pulse repetition rates from single shot to 100 Hz. With variable output current and voltage, the PCX-6425 is ideal for research, laboratory, scientific and industrial applications.
The PCX-6425 is operated through its intuitive front panel controls. The display provides immediate visual confirmation of all operating parameters, including output voltage, pulsed current set points and error/fault messages.
Conveniently located front panel BNC connector allows the PCX-6425 to be externally triggered. The current monitor and voltage monitor are also located on the front panel utilising a BNC connector for each. The laser diode is connected to the front panel of the PCX-6425 through a low-impedance twisted pair cable designed to preserve the fidelity of high-speed current pulses.
PCX-6425 Product Features:
1. Variable output current from 0 amperes to 150 amperes
2. Variable output voltage from 0 volts to 120 volts
3. Rise and fall times less than 25 microseconds
4. Pulse widths from 100 microseconds to 5,000 microseconds
5. Able to drive both single diodes and arrays with variable forward voltages up to 120 volts
6. Diode and driver safety features, including overcurrent limit, open-load detection and diode steering (prevents reverse current)
7. Simplified operation with intuitive touch screen interface
8. USB and RS232 computer interfaces standard
9. CE and RoHS compliant
Stephen Krausse, General Manager of IXYS Colorado said of the release,
“The PCX-6425 builds on the architecture of IXYS Colorado’s proven pulsed current source designs, while incorporating adjustable output voltage to provide a broader range of operating parameters and design flexibility. This driver leverages decades of IXYS Colorado design and the power integration experience of our parent company, IXYS Corporation, with its advanced power MOS device technology, to deliver one of the highest power, most user-friendly drivers available on the market today.”
The PCX-6425 is available directly from GD Rectifiers, IXYS’ Official UK Distributor.
For further information call GD Rectifiers’ friendly sales team today on: 01444 243 452 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.