June 2021 – Career Opportunity – Electro Mechanical Assembler
Published on: 29/06/2021
GD Rectifiers are excited to announce that they are looking for an Electro Mechanical Assembler to join their team in Burgess Hill, West Sussex
GD Rectifiers – Electro Mechanical Assembler
Job Title: Electro Mechanical Assembler
Location: Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday)
Benefits: 20 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
One of the UK’s leading distributors of power electronic components, and a renowned manufacturer of power assemblies and heatsinks, is looking for an experienced Electro Mechanical Assembler to join their team. A major player in the power electronics industry, GD Rectifiers has built a remarkable reputation over the past 50 years and are proud to work on some of Britain’s biggest and most exciting rail, automotive, aviation, medical and industrial projects.
GD Rectifiers is looking for an Electro Mechanical Assembler, that is hard working and has a positive attitude to join their team at what is an exciting time for the company.
1. Working in an organised and tidy area with good attention to detail
2. Assembly of small and large units following assembly drawings. Units to include:
– Electro mechanical units, rectifiers/blocking diodes
– Potting circuits using moulds
– Some rework/refurbish work
3. Good understanding of simple electrical circuits, mainly rectifier diodes/thyristors
4. Good manual dexterity
5. Stock keeping for nuts, bolts, other non-stock items
6. Record keeping for bespoke jobs when they come up
7. Some manual machining possibly required so an understanding of machining aluminium and other materials would be beneficial
8. Assist with CNC machining department when required with the ability to set and operate Cincinnati CNC machines – training will be provided
9. Be able to quality inspect your own work to the Company’s standard
10. In addition to these functions, employees are requested to carry out general warehouse/factory duties
11. Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in your areas throughout the workplace
12. Reports directly to the Assembly Operative
Skills & Experience
1. Excellent working knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly
2. Ability to read engineering drawings and liaise with the sales team on jobs
3. Compliant with all Health & Safety procedures
4. Willingness to work as a team and work on other factory areas when required, including CNC machining is a must
5. Previous CNC machine experience desired but not essential
6. A positive, can do attitude and approach to your work
7. A minimum of 2 years experience studying within the industry or experience in a similar role is required
To apply for this role, please send your CV to: email@example.com.
GD Rectifiers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you apply for this role, GD Rectifiers will keep your CV on file for three months and will contact you if a suitable role becomes available. If you do not wish for your CV to be kept on file, please contact Sarah Langley: firstname.lastname@example.org.