Solar Surge Protection Devices
Littelfuse's SPD2 PV Series offers devices for solar string box and inverter applications, available in 1100 and 1500Vdc in the 3+0 configuration. Solar surge protection devices provide equipment protection from transient overvoltage events last micro-seconds within the solar industry.
Solar surge protection devices provide equipment protection from transient overvoltage events lasting micro-seconds, by limiting the overvoltage to the equipment during these events reducing costly damage and downtime.
The surge protection devices for solar string box and inverter applications are available in 1100 and 1500Vdc in the 3+0 configuration.
Maximum Continuous Voltage: 1100Vdc, 1500Vdc
Nominal Discharge: 15kA, 20kA
Maximum Discharge: 40kA
- Capability to clamp and withstand high-energy transients
- No additional overcurrent protection devices required in UL applications
- Compact footprint
- Visual life indicator
- Pluggable modules
- Thermal protection
- IP20 protection rating
- Ensure low-residual voltage during high-energy surge events and higher nominal discharge current to
- Reduces the number of components and costs required for protection
- Increases panel design flexibility
- Quick visual determines module replacement status to avoid loss of protection
- Fast and simple to replace, minimising maintenance and downtime
- Eliminates catastrophic failure
- Finger-safe design increases worker protection
Littelfuse is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing. Littelfuse products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics, and appliances. They partner with customers to design, manufacture, and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions, for a safer, greener, and increasingly connected world—everywhere, every day.
You can find further information on Littelfuse using the following links:
Tel: 01444 243 452
Fax: 01444 870 722