October 2020 – Littelfuse semiconductor fuse wins EC&M 2020 protective devices category award
Published on: 23/10/2020
Littelfuse’s POWR-SPEED PSR series gets industry recognition
Littelfuse, a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control and sensing, has announced it received EC&M Magazine’s 2020 Protective Devices Category Award for its POWR-SPEED PSR series of high-speed fuses with bladed mounting options.
The 31 category winners will compete for the EC&M 2020 Product of the Year Platinum, Gold and Silver awards, which will be determined by an online poll of EC&M subscribers between May 25 and June 21 2020 at www.ecmweb.com.
Littelfuse’s Product Manager (Industrial Business Unit), Sakthidharan Krishnamoorthy said of the win,
“Littelfuse is honoured to be recognised for its expansion of the PSR series of fuses with 275 new bolted and DIN mounting options in various sizes and amperages.
We wanted to help extend the life of power semiconductor devices to an even broader range of applications with a wider selection of PSR fuses that are engineered to optimise protection and reduce the amount of short circuit current.”
Benefits of Littelfuse Semiconductor Fuse PSR series include:
- Unique silicon sealant prevents filler leakage to increase fuse reliability and keep equipment safe
- Increased DC voltage in standard package size than existing products by up to 20 percent
- More DC interrupting rating than existing products by up to 70 percent
- Different mounting terminations, including bladed and flush mount options, to meet a wider range of applications
- Third party DC certification printed on the product label, along with extensive published DC information with global certifications helping streamline UL inspections
- Battery protection applications – energy storage systems
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- High power DC systems
- Heaters and welding equipment
- Power supplies
- Power conversion device protection – UPS, inverters, rectifiers, drives
GD Rectifiers has access to a wide range of Littelfuse products including: circuit protection devices, power semiconductors and solar products.