June 2021 - Power Semiconductor Assemblies
Published on: 04/06/2021
Power assemblies designed to your specification, budget and application
GD Rectifiers has more than 55 years of experience in the design, manufacture and assembly of high-power semiconductor assemblies. We offer power semiconductor assemblies designed to your specification, budget and timescales.
We combine our state-of-the-art engineering expertise with industry-leading semiconductor technology from the world’s leading brands. We utilise our approved semiconductor suppliers’ range of diodes, thyristors, IGBT modules and MOSFETs combined with our bespoke thermal management solutions, providing a value-added product designed to suit your requirements.
The semiconductors we use feature a wide variety of topologies and we can convert AC/DC, AC/AC, DC/AC and DC/DC to suit your specification.
We offer a wide and varied range of industry-leading power assemblies using the latest engineering technology. Our power semiconductor assemblies deliver performance and reliability for crucial customer applications, including: AC drives, DC drives, bridges, regulators, soft start, energy optimisers, telecommunications, UPS and SMPS.
Benefits of using GD Rectifiers as your power assembly designer:
- State-of-the-art assemblies designed using SCR thyristors, GTO thyristors and IGBT or diode modules
- Customised type of heatsink, transient conditions, overloads, ambient temperature, surface finish and
cooling method is chosen by the customer and our engineering team
- Large range of designs with different cooling techniques available in heatsink assemblies
- Catering to standalone systems, sub-components and standard power assemblies
- Expert technical support and assistance throughout the design process
- Delivering high performance, cost effective assembly solutions with short lead times
- Single phase, three phase and hex phase assemblies available
Our engineers have a wealth of experience in the design and manufacturing of power assemblies most commonly used across transport, renewables, industrial and power grid markets. We use a large range of bipolar and IGBT power semiconductor devices to ensure our standard power assemblies are optimised for customer applications.