December 2017 - GD Rectifiers Invests in New Bridgeport VMC 2000 CNC Machine
Published on: 13/12/2017
Introducing the newest machine added to GD Rectifiers’ CNC portfolio
Today, GD Rectifiers have added an industry leading Bridgeport V series machine to it’s already impressive CNC machine portfolio.
The machine is a high quality, high specification vertical machining center, manufactured by Bridgeport, the VMC 2000 is a portal frame design offering excellent capacity and rigidity, and having a level of reliability unsurpassed in the industry.
Manufactured from quality gray cast iron to the highest standards, the VMC 2000 is packed with features to meet the demands of many sectors of industry. A fully digital machine with a rapid traverse rate of 1,100 inches/min and the fastest acceleration rate of 4 m/sec of any machine in its class, it provides a fast and accurate response to all your machining needs.
The Bridgeport V Series Vertical Machining Centers are new generation machines. The machines are fully digital, high- quality machine tool, designed to achieve maximum capacity and performance in the Job Shop, OEM, Aerospace, Automotive and Power Generation Industries and many other manufacturing sectors.
The Bridgeport VMC 2000 machine features:
- Built in the UK from high-quality, hand scraped grey cast iron
- Hardened and ground square tool steel ways on the Z axis and high quality linear roller guides on the X, Y
- GE Fanuc 18iMB or Heidenhain iTNC 530 control
- GE Fanuc 180iMB or Seimens control options
- XYZ travels: 79.7" x 31.8" x 19.8"(2,025mm x 808mm x 502mm)
- Table size: 90.6" x 25.6"(2,300mm x 650mm) with 5 T-slots
- 1,100 ipm (28 meters/min) rapid feed in x & y axes; 787 ipm (20 meters/min in z-axis
- 4 meters sec^2 acceleration
- 18 HP (13.5 kW) spindle
- 12,000 - 40,000 rpm spindle speed options
- 30 tool - twin arm tool changer
- HSK63A or Face/Taper contact type spindles
- High speed machining software
- Thermal compensation
- Rigid tapping standard
- Complete flood coolant system with swarf wash down
- Automatic, centralised lubrication system
GD Rectifiers uses a wide range of CNC machinery used purely for machining heatsinks to bespoke outlines. No matter how complicated your design is, GD Rectifiers are able to skim, drill and tap any heatsink from their range to customised specifications.
GD Rectifiers specialise in high quality batch-work with an extremely skilled workforce, experienced in operating complex components in a diverse range of materials including aluminium and mild steel.