December 2017 - Eichhoff Elektro Offers a Full Line of Transformers
Published on: 07/12/2017
Eichhoff Elektro’s safety transformers are important elements for an interference-free current supply and will guarantee long lasting function of operations of the equipment.
The extensive product mix comprises small transformers and safety transformers of various designs with different mounting and connection possibilities and convincing performance data up to 100VA. The potted transformers are produced on automated manufacturing systems.
Eichhoff Elektro’s manufacturing program includes main transformers ranging between 0,35 and 100VA and core sizes EE 20 – EI 84 and flat pack versions in UI 30 – UI 39. The transformers are vacuum encapsulated using a two component casting resin. They are suited to be used in equipment of safety class II and are rated IP 00.
Based on the type of short-circuit resistance they differentiate:
- Absolutely short-circuit proof, no need for an internal or external protective system
- Conditionally short-circuit proof. Protection is accomplished by internal temperature fuse or primary temperature switch.
- Not short-circuit proof. Protection is accomplished by external appliance fuse both primary and secondary.
Temperature fuse or Temperature switch?
If the temperature fuse in the primary circuit is activated by overload or excess voltage, the transformer becomes dis-functional and has to be replaced.
It is different with a transformer protected with a temperature switch. After removal of the overload and after cooling down, the transformer will be functional again.
There are 3 different types of temperature switches
- Non-locking and temperature sensitive. Cut-off is achieved through excessive coil temperature. Automatic restart after reaching the restart temperature.
- Locking and temperature sensitive. Cut-off is achieved through excessive coil temperature. Restart after reaching the restart temperature and momentary disconnection from the circuit.
- Locking, temperature and current sensitive. Cut-off is achieved through excessive coil temperature or exceeding of the primary rated current. Restarting is possible after reaching the restart temperature and momentary disconnection from circuit.
Eichhoff Elektro’s high flexibility and expertise in complying with all relevant international standards enables them to find a cost effective solution for all applications.